Tuesday 15 January 2019

Jeskyns Country Park.


 Waxwings are one of those Winter visitors that cause much excitement amongst wildlife watchers, a gorgeous bird to watch and try and photograph.

They have been in the country for some time this winter, mostly up north and the midlands.
Cold weather and the depletion of berry supplies up north gradually pushes them further down south.

Finally news that they have reached Kent, with a report of at least twenty Waxwings in our local Country Park at Jeskyns had me reaching for the bins and camera and scurrying off to scour the park.

I was not alone, quite a few other enthusiasts were also searching, news that just one had been seen at daybreak and no further sightings since was discouraging, more cold weather is on the way so I'm sure they will reappear somewhere in the area.

So with no sightings of any Waxwings I consoled myself with a nice sighting of a pair of Yellowhammers, a bird I don't see very often, these were feeding in the scrub around Henhurst Lake.

Yellowhammer at Jeskyns Country Park





























No comments:

Post a Comment