Thursday 13 September 2018

Long time, No See.


I can't seem to hear the so called 'pinging' call of the Bearded Tit, I have put this down to the High tone hearing loss I seemed to have developed in my latter years with the fire brigade. unfortunately this 'pinging ' call serves as a good indicator that the birds are close by.

Whatever the reason I don't see these birds very often, and I do spend a lot of time wandering through their chosen habitat of reed bed,when I do see them its more by chance than design.

So its always a special occasion when one does pop up to the top of the reeds and makes its presence visible rather than audible.

This looks to be a juvenile, possibly a juvenile male, the bill looks orange/yellow, the black band in front of the eye, another indicator of a male. This one showed showed well on the top of the Phragmites for a short time, another bird was seen lower down in the reeds but was soon lost to view.





Both birds melted back into the reeds, hopefully they have had a good breeding season and more will be on view during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment